Skip to main content
Banner Image

Faculty FAQ: Faculty Services FAQ

Faculty FAQ - Library Services

You can either search for journals in the catalog, or our special journal finder tool.

Yes, Woodbury faculty can participate in our reciprocal lending program offered through SCELC (Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium). Please ask a Woodbury librarian for more information, including a list of other libraries that you can utilize through this program.

How can/why should I get a librarian to talk to my class?

Tired of the same old papers? Interested in increasing student engagement with your course content? Librarians are available to teach subject specific databases and resources, how to effectively use the Internet, how to find journal articles, and more. We'll be happy to tailor a session to your class's needs, so that you can demand and expect more. Find out more & request a session.

Learn more about Information Literacy here.

How can I have the library keep/set aside materials for my class?

Woodbury University Library’s course reserves service provides access to supplementary course materials in support of the University’s academic mission.  Instructors place items in the library's course reserves collection at the beginning of each semester to ensure the availability of materials that are to be used by the class members in a specific course.  Due to space limitations, reserve materials will be available only for the semester in which the class is taught.

Learn more, and place a reserves request, here.

Does the library have or buy textbooks?

As a general policy, the Woodbury University Library does not purchase textbooks or add donated textbooks to the library collection. Textbooks that are required for Woodbury courses are part of the student's expected cost of education, and it is the student’s responsibility to acquire them. An instructor may choose to place a personal copy of a textbook on reserve for a specific course; the textbook will be returned to the instructor at the end of the term.

Most library materials are loaned to faculty members for a semester. Exceptions: DVDs, videos, periodicals. Please bring your Woodbury ID/library card with you when you check out library materials or equipment.

How do I get a Woodbury ID?

ID cards are issued by the library. Stop by the Circulation desk (located just inside the front door in the library lobby), state your business, and we'll take care of you. Your Woodbury ID card serves as your library card. It may also be used to obtain borrowing privileges at some local libraries, e.g., UCLA, Burbank Public.

Need something we don't have? Be it journal article, book, or video, we will gladly request it from another library on your behalf. Make a request here, and read our detailed Interlibrary Loan FAQ here.

How do I copy & print in the library?

Library photocopy machines require a copy/print account, which can be set up in Miller Hall, Room 204 (M204). When signing up for an account, be sure to specify that you will need to use it in the library. Color and B&W copiers and scanners are located in the Library Annex, room L109.

Who is my department's librarian?

Each academic department has a liaison librarian to work collaboratively with faculty members in order to develop library collections, assist with research efforts, curricular needs, and to answer questions regarding library service, policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact your liaison at any time for information or for assistance in using the library, to request course specific library instruction, research assistance, or to submit a purchasing suggestion.

Library Catalog

Find books, articles, DVDs, and more:

Advanced Search >>
How do I use this? >>

Databases & More
Go to databases
Go to

Go to databases
Go to research guides
Go to

Research guides
Search course reserves

Search course reserves
My library account

My library account
Have a question?
JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.