Open Educational Resources (OER) are "teaching, learning and research materials in any medium – digital or otherwise – that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions" (UNESCO). For more information, please see "Why choose OER?" below.
Apply to participate here: https://forms.gle/M8YrS6B3gSHVKbAt5
Obligations with an incentive award include:
1. Meet at least twice during the remainder of the spring semester with a member of the
project team to discuss OER options.
2. Work with project team to finalize and briefly report on plans for OER replacement (by
3. Submit a copy of a syllabus for the fall semester including the newly selected OER (by
4. Financial awards will be distributed mid-August.
5. Meet w/project team member to discuss assessment in December of 2021 and May of
6. An application will be made available after the meeting, and the application period will
run the entire month of February.
7. At the beginning of March the awardees will be selected and notified.
September 2021: Project team initial report on OER adoption and estimated student cost savings distributed to campus community
Summer 2022: Project team final report on OER adoption, student cost savings, successes, challenges, and path forward distributed to campus community